KACK offers the following direction to drivers on what to do before a storm arrives:
- Make safety your number one priority.
- Top off truck fuel tanks.
- Move trucks to higher ground if in a flood-prone area.
- Stay tuned to local news stations for weather reports.
- Adhere to all travel, road advisories and restrictions.
- Delay travel into impacted areas when possible.
- Know your evacuation routes and have a plan.
- Seal and lock all fuel tank tops.
- Secure outdoor items and clear debris that could become a projectile
- Charge all mobile phone battery packs and ensure you have charging cables.
- Put mobile devices on low-power mode to conserve battery.
- Ensure you have employee contact information and a post-storm follow-up plan to verify the status of each employee.
By Keith L. Rhodia